Am I comparing my darling baby girl to an over-sized, human-eating plant?
Well, a little bit. Yes.
We had one day a few weeks ago where Lanaya was just a little grumpy and out of sorts all day. For her, at least. Which is still pretty dang happy and content compared to my other babies.
Finally, at dinnertime, I took a minute to really clue in and try to assess the situation. Which is when I noticed that she was eying my food as I ate it bite by bite with some intense interest and jealousy. So, I went to the pantry and whipped up some baby oatmeal and we broke out the cameras and had a very impromptu "first meal".
I've never had a baby so ready.
And so "old hat" about it.
Normally, we get the best funny faces after that first bite. This was hers.
Sort of anti-climatic. And then, she just leaned in to devour the next bite. In fact, that was the funniest part about her first feeding--how crazy enthusiastic she was about it. It still took about 20 "spoon wipes" of the face to get a single bit all the way swallowed, but if I was too slow in getting the next bite there, she completely freaked out! I've never seen her that anxious about anything!
Kayli was our videographer. While Bryce just kept enjoying his own dinner.
And the food issue seems to have been what was wrong with her all day.
Once she'd finished two servings of cereal, my uber happy baby was back in full form!
2 comments:
I love this! She's so funny, and cute, and chubby! Love you.
What a SWEETHEART! It was WONDERFUL to see all of you and get to hold your cutie pie. love you!
Post a Comment