Belize. I think it may have been my very favorite day.
But every day was pretty much amazing, so it's a close call.
Like with Cozumel, we just wanted to snorkel! So, we found some cool guys who agreed to take us on a boat to an amazing island for some snorkel time and some relaxing on the beach time.
You can't beat any part of this view.
Pelicans! I tried really hard to get a photo of one in action with ocean and fish in his mouth, but never succeeded.
Can you tell the one problem this day had?
It was CrAzY windy!!!
We walked around the island (it was tiny) and collected some shells for the kids and enjoyed the beautiful views. We did our best to convince our guides that we were strong swimmers and could handle the wind. And making friends with everyone else on the island while they enjoyed unlimited island rum punch.
Eventually, they took us out on the water.
And our guides pointed out plenty of cool under water creatures.
But I dove too deep early on, and I think the pressure messed with my camera because it was locked and wouldn't snap any cool pics of the things they showed us. Fortunately, the experience itself was amazing. The only bad part was that we didn't get nearly enough time in the water before it was time to head back.
My favorite guide. I'm pretty sure his name was Hakim. Listening to these guys talk was amazing. They said it was English, but it was completely unintelligible to me. But they also made sure to tell us some fun stories in understandable English. Including about the law that states that if you live on an island for 12 years, it's yours. The family of the captain of our ship had taken possession of a tiny island that way. Pretty cool!
I'm so glad he decided to throw his awesome hair in for this photo.
Oh, and for those of us who didn't want any rum punch--we got water.
Nothing tastier than bagged water!
And this guy.
2 comments:
I looks like soooo much FUN!
Great pictures! What a fun experience snorkeling!
Post a Comment